QUEENS PUBLIC LIBRARY’S BLACK RESISTANCE ICONS
SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
This Black Resistance Icons Giveaway (this “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by the Queens Borough Public Library (the “Sponsor”).
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to all individuals who are thirteen (13) years of age or older and is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you represent and affirm that you have obtained parental consent before entering. Employees of the Queens Borough Public Library (the “Library”) and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household as an Employee of the Library are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited by law.
2. ENTRY PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins at 10:00:00 a.m. E.D.T. on February 1, 2023, and ends at 8:00:00 p.m. E.D.T. on February 28, 2023.
3. HOW TO ENTER: Individuals seeking to enter the Sweepstakes must complete the prompt questionnaire that can be accessed through a URL or QR code on a special poster of a Black Icon. The Black History Month Journal and on https://queenslib.org/bhm2023 provides each special poster’s location. There are 41 different prompts that can be accessed through unique URL or QR codes displayed on the posters. The more posters visited and the more answers submitted, the greater the chance to win. Limit one entry per person per prompt/form. No automated entry devices and/or programs are permitted. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified, or for problems of any kind whether mechanical, human or electronic. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
4. PRIZES: One (1) winner shall receive four (4) tickets to attend an upcoming Lion King on Broadway show. The prize has an approximate retail value of eight-hundred dollars ($800.00). Each Prize does not include any additional costs incidental to winning the prize. Any and all taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of winner. Prizes are non-transferrable and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. No substitutions of the Prize will be allowed by any winner, but the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for the Prize due to unavailability.
5. SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS: One winner will be selected by a random drawing from all the eligible entries received. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entrants. By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to be bound by these rules and the decisions of Sponsor which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified via e-mail or phone within forty-eight (48) hours of the random drawing. If the notified winner does not respond to the Sponsor’s e-mail within five (5) business days or if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if potential winner rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. If due to a printing, production or other error, more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded, the intended prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all verified and validated prize claims received. In no event will more than the stated number of prizes be awarded.
6. ELIGIBILITY AND RELEASE: By participating, each entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the results of the random selection of the winner(s), which shall be final, and waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes and/or these Official Rules. Acceptance of any prize constitutes permission to use the winner’s name, likeness, picture, portrait, voice, biography, address (city and state), statements and prize won for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity without additional notice or compensation, except where prohibited and/or restricted by law.
Each entrant and/or any winner(s) shall release, discharge, and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, and its Board of Trustees (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”) from any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever, including without limitation, property damage, personal injury or death, which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery.
Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should a virus, bug, computer problem, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) any action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking or employing other unfair practices or by abusing other entrants or the representatives of Sponsor.
ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND, IN SUCH EVENT, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PURSUE ALL OF ITS RIGHTS AND REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF SPONSOR’S WEBSITE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
Any dispute arising from the Sweepstakes will be determined according to the laws of the State of New York, without reference to its conflict of laws principles, and the entrants consent to the personal jurisdiction of the State and Federal Courts located in the State and County of New York and agree that such courts have exclusive jurisdiction over all such disputes.